There is no question that any injury sustained in a hospital might have tragic, life-altering ramifications. But, it’s not always medical malpractice. There are certainly times when mistakes are not-preventable; they are simply unfortunate errors or accidents.
If you or someone you love is suffering because of a mistake made by a healthcare professional or while you were in a medical facility, you may be able to take legal action. First, however, you need an experienced medical malpractice attorney to review your case to determine if you, indeed, have an actionable claim.
The issue at hand is this: did the defendant deviate from accepted standards of medical care? Did they do what any other doctor in their situation would have done? Or did they make a negligent mistake? Is it true that had they not been negligent your injuries would never have happened?
- The first thing you can expect is that your lawyer will want to get a full account of your accident. What was the original reason you saw a doctor? What should have happened that didn’t, etc.
- Next, we’ll need a full medical history so we can request and review all of your medical records to get a complete understanding of what types of treatment you have received.
- At this point, if the attorney feels you do have a case — meaning there was a preventable medical errors made that resulted in your injuries — the lawsuit will be filed.
- Then, we move on to building your case. We work with medical experts who can help us understand what happened, what should have happened and, perhaps most importantly, how these injuries will impact you in the future.
- We then will negotiate tirelessly on your behalf to get you a settlement you deserve. If the insurance company won’t settle the case for what we think it’s worth, we’ll take your case to court.
It is important to choose a medical malpractice lawyer who routinely works with experts in the specialized area of medicine associated with your injury. We are able to negotiate from a knowledgeable, experienced position. Further, if necessary, seasoned lawyers who know the medical language can present a convincing case to a jury.
At Andres, Berger & Tran, we have earned a reputation as an aggressive, successful medical malpractice firm who is willing to do what needs to be done to protect clients and get them the justice they deserve. Contact our Haddonfield, NJ office today to request your free consultation.